Thursday, February 25, 2010

This Moment

These days there is a shiny quality to the moments of this life. It is as if that which I see is in sharper focus, that which I hear has a fuller depth and more range, the experience of food is a regular potpourri of flavours and textures, smells distinct yet not, the feel of clothes on the skin, the textures and their insulating properties ... vivid and clear in a harmonized dance that is this moment. Reminding the mind to settle down like a child bored and desperate for attention, I realize wordlessly, that all of this is happening all the time. There is absolutely nothing that I need to do that will make this moment more wonder-filled. All that is needed, if I so choose, is to be present for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be considerate and uphold the sila.