Wednesday, November 25, 2009

This morning in the neighbourhood

One year post-car, 4 months since Doshu's ordination.

Walking to the grocery store, Doshu in monk's robes with his trundle buggy, being smiled at by little old ladies, accosted by a young man who wanted to know everything.
Are you a monk? What's zen all about? Do you get anything out of it? So it's mainly meditation? I'd like to learn to meditate, my mom does. But I really want a group to do it with...

Watching Venerable Doshu sweetly and patiently field questions, and support this young person in checking out Zen Buddhism for himself, I am filled with gratitude to be sharing this moment with him.

Soshin

1 comment:

  1. Soshin - Your comments touch me deeply. What a treat to spend time together! love Doshu

    ReplyDelete

Please be considerate and uphold the sila.